Friday, November 12, 2010

NEW Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream

NEW Olay Regenerist Micro-sculpting Cream, 50g, SGD59.90

I really want to hold this purchase till December when I visit Hong Kong, because I know that it is going to be much cheaper there. But after hearing so much raves about this product, whether on TV or online, I cannot hold myself longer and went ahead with the purchase.

This cream is really expensive~ It's totally overpriced in Singapore! It retails at SGD59.90 here, can be found in normal drugstores like Watson's and Guardian. I happened to be at Raffles City last Saturday, and they were having 20% off these. I visited the Taiwan Olay website, and found out that it's only retailing at NT990 there (equivalent to approx SGD42)! Even though I got this at SGD47.92 with the 20% off, I still find it a total rip off, bearing in mind that this is the discounted price. Oh well! Since I can't wait, I guess I should really stop complaining =)

This cream claims to outperform the world's most expensive creams, even the $500 one, based on an European independent research institute's hydration test of several $100+ creams in 2008.

This is what the cream promises to do (after 4 weeks of use):
1) Firm the appearance of sagging-prone areas, which are around the eyes, jaw line and neck.
2) Reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles
3) Restore elasticity and suppleness of the skin

Hmmm... so... I conclude that this cream is like an anti-aging cream, preventing, as well as reducing the signs of aging.

High class looking red jar packaging

Gel-cream texture, lightly fragranced

I consider the texture of this cream to be like gel-cream. It's not really very rich, has a refreshing feel upon application (therefore like a gel), but also moisturising (therefore like a cream). It absorbs quickly into the skin, leaving it plump and hydrated. I am not sure about the firming part yet, since I have only used it once (tonight). I will update after a few more weeks of use!

The cream has a light floral scent, which I am totally OK with. I like the scent better then the Pristine White Radiance Essence.

Please be back to check for any updates of the cream =D
I am going to try film my Shu Uemura Florescent Inspired Look tomorrow, hopefully it will go well!

No comments:

Post a Comment