Sunday, November 28, 2010

D-Up Wonder Eyelid Tape - for Mono Lids/ Uneven Double Lids


Good news for those with single eyelids or uneven double eyelids!!

For me, although I have double eyelids, when I am tired, the crease of my left eyelid will start to widen and I will end up with triple eyelids. Usually I won't have this problem if I am wearing false lashes, as the lashes will push up the eyelid and the double lids will stay in place. However, I do not wear false lashes to work, and I always end up with one small and one big eye by the end of the day -- not a pretty sight!

I find the usual eyelid tapes a bit unnatural when I stick them on -- as I can clearly see the tape when I blink! I also find eyelid glue too troublesome and messy to use. Finally I come across this amazing product -- Wonder Eyelid Tape! It's a double sided tape that sticks part of your eyelid together to create a natural looking crease.

Contains a pair of tweezers, 60 double sided eyelid tapes, instructions

Easy-to-follow illustrations in the instructions sheet (even though in Japanese)

So I tested the tapes out, and the results are pretty satisfying!

After removing the white backing of the eyelid tapes (just like normal double sided tapes), I pick up the tape using the tweezers provided and apply it to my lid -- where I want the crease to be.

BEFORE - triple lids

AFTER - defined double lids!

Much more even now! Will probably be even better with more practice!

The crease created is very natural, and it doesn't look like you have done anything to your lids unless you close your eyes (then you can see that your lids are 'glued' together). The only complain I have is that I find it difficult to use the tape with eyeshadow. If I use the tape before using eyeshadow, the powder tends to get stuck in the crease, creating a very obvious line of eyeshadow. If I stick the tape after the eyeshadow, the tape is not as sticky and the result will not last, because of all the powder! My instinct tells me that I should put on the tape before applying eyeshadow. Perhaps it will get better with more practice! I need to test that out.

So far, I have used the tapes for a few times, and I must say the lasting power is not that great -- the crease will stay in place for like 5 hours. I am not sure whether it's the product, or my problem with applying it. However, I still think this is a great product and I will keep practising till I get better results.

This is by no means a new product. It has been around for some time. I got mine from From Head to Toe, but you can also get it from BoboDave.

No comments:

Post a Comment