Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Review: SK-II Cellumination Mask-In Lotion, SK-II Cellumination Essence & SK-II Cellumination Deep Surge

SK-II Cellumination Mask-In Lotion, 100ml, SGD114
http://www.skii.com.tw/

A semi-translusent lotion

This is a new product launched, I believe, in February in Singapore, together with the new Facial Treatment Gentle Cleanser. This product is like a leave on mask that brightens the skin, at the same time moisturises it. It helps to lighten dark spots and improves the radiance of the skin. It also helps the skin to absorb any essence or moisturiser that is applied afterwards better.

I started using this lotion 2 weeks ago, day and night, applied before the Cellumination Essence. Already very impressed by the Essence, I think that this Mask-In Lotion has further improved the clarity and radiance of my skin. As SK-II products are very pricy, I actually finished a sample of it before I decided to buy it. I do not regret my purchase.

SK-II Cellumination Essence, SGD199 for 30ml/ SGD299 for 50ml

http://sg.strawberrynet.com/main.aspx?region=SG&CurrId=SGD&langBox=SG

A milky essence

I adore this essence. I just used up a 50ml last month, and now onto my 2nd jar. I have another one waiting by my dressing table, which I asked a friend to purchase for me in Hong Kong. How shall I express what wonderful things this essence does to my skin?? My skin has become fairer and more radiant, even without make up. I get less blemishes and pimple scars seem to lighten. Being a pickle minded person, when it comes to skin care, I think I am so pleased with this essence that I will keep buying it! I do not see anything negative about this product, except for the price tag. It is like SGD100 cheaper if you buy it at the Changi Airport duty free. At the airport, you can get the 50ml at the same price as the 30ml at counters in departmental stores. Last December, I got a really good deal there, as they had this gift set, retailed at SGD269, which contained a 50ml Cellumination Essence and 50ml Deep Surge.

SK-II Cellumination Deep Surge, 50ml, SGD159

http://sg.strawberrynet.com/main.aspx?region=SG&CurrId=SGD&langBox=SG

The Cellumination Deep Surge has a very interesting texture that I find hard to describe. It is definitely not an emulsion or lotion, but also not exactly cream. When you scoop the product up with a spatula, it doesn't slide off from the spatula. It reminds me of sorbet and snow, but thicker.

I use a 10 cent coin amount for face and neck. The product absorbs easily into the skin and does not require too much of massaging in; so people who don't like to spend too much time applying skincare would be glad to hear this. After 2 weeks of using this, my face is more evenly toned and clear, and look much more radiant (notice how many times I used the word 'radiant' in this post?). Skin is smooth to the touch. I prefer this moisturiser to the Skin Signature because my skin seems to absorb it better and my face does not feel as greasy, as compared to the times I apply other moisturisers. Some people recommend using this at night, and use Skin Signature in the morning, but I use Deep Surge both day and night, and I do not have any problems with it. My make up applies just fine, and my face does not become more oily.

I am totally addicted to SK-II, as other brands do not offer me the same results so far. I need to stock up in Hong Kong/ Changi Airport, as I think the products are way over-priced in Singapore, and I cannot imagine spending SGD299 every 2 months for the Cellumination Essence.

If you have to choose 1 out of the 3, I recommend the Cellumination Essence! It might work for you if your skin condition is similar to mine: combination to oily (cheeks and T-zone), slightly sensitive.

I really think I have to stop buying clothes and start saving up because having crystal clear skin is more important then anything else =)

No comments:

Post a Comment